The building was commission by Charles Hainsworth, the first owner and was build by Ted Freeland, originally a ships carpenterr, in 1931/2 as a general store and tea room. The building is now heritage listed and had many functions over the years including a boarding house for railway workers and travellers. Now beautifully restored as a general store, come into the museum to see a fine collection of photographs, historical objects and musical instruments from times of early settlement.
OPEN on most Thursdays between 12 – 4pm
CLOSED in January, July and August
Open by appointment:
Location: Corner of Mitchell and Collier Streets, Newdegate